Best ATV/UTV Accessories & Tools
Many things can go wrong when you’re out on the trails. Fun is always the priority but sometimes accidents are inevitable. In this post, we will go over some of the most common failure points, and the accessories/tools that can help you prevent them. We’ll also provide some solutions for you to get you back on the trail, and help get you back to having fun. Follow along with the video below to find the products with ease!
When it comes to trail riding or just shenanigans in general, one of the most common things that can go wrong is an issue with the tire. Below we’ll go into detail of what to use when you have a blow-out, and where to get it.
- Tusk Tire Repair Kit – This kit is small, lightweight, easy to pack and ensures that you can plug a tire out on the trail. It comes with CO2 inflator and (3) 16-gram cartridges, (8) various tube patches, (5) tire plugs, a tire reamer, a plug installation tool, and glue. Check it out here.
- Slime Air Compressor – Since room is limited, we always want to go the compact route. This compressor is small, inexpensive, and gets the job done. Check it out here.
- Spare Tire – Sometimes damage to the tire is too severe to repair. In this case, if you’re out on the ATVs have a spare tire in the truck.
- Spare Tire Mount – In the case of UTVs, you’ll need a spare tire mount. Polaris and a couple of other brands have spare tire mounts, choose the best one that works for you. In the video, the one featured is the Tusk Rear Bumper with Cargo Rack and Spare Tire Mount, which you can find here.
- Scissor Jack – This is a 2 ton jack that you can easily mount to your SxS. Another plus is it’s compact, so it won’t take up too much room. Check it out here.
- Tusk 3-way Lug Nut Wrench – Inexpensive, compact, and it conveniently accommodates three lug nut sizes. Grab it here.
- Spare Belt – As in the video, it’s not IF your belt will go out, it’s WHEN. Keep a spare around and the tools necessary so that you can fix it on the go if needed. Also keep in mind, this isn’t a quick fix so you want to be familiar with the process and if it’s dark you want to keep a headlamp around.
- Fire Extinguisher – Fire extinguishers are necessary on every SxS. Accidents happen and preparation can save time, money, and most importantly lives. The decked out fire extinguisher kit from pro armor is effective and easy on the eyes. Check it out here.
- Jump Starter Kit – This is an inexpensive solution to a very annoying problem. Having one of these is easy on the pockets and provides ease of mind. Our recommendation is the NOCO Genius Boost located here.
- Tow Straps – Don’t use anything rated below 5000 llbs, just to be sure you’re using a quality product. Now hopefully, you won’t have to use these meaning your trail ride was a success, but sometimes the trail sneaks up on you and you need a buddy to tow you out. You’ll be glad you had these around. Check these out.
- Fuel Can – Don’t get caught in the backcountry with no extra gas. The only savior you’ll have is a fuel can. There’s an abundant selection along with mounting kits here.
These are just some of the best and necessary accessories/tools you should have with you when out riding. Better safe than sorry! Through your experiences, would these items have saved your trip?